Put Together the Glowbe Newsletter
If you’ve always wanted to do marketing volunteer work for a non-profit art organization, here is your chance to join the Firefly Communications Committee. Our biggest need this year is compiling the Newsletter (Glowbe) and will take approximately 2 – 3 hours a month (more in June).
The Glowbe (this thing you’re reading) needs a person to:
- Send 4 short Call-for-Articles emails (from existing template) to Planning and Festival Lists each month (more in June)
- Compile Articles from filled out forms via email and cut/paste into an existing Google Sheet in order to format and organize articles
- Answer any questions, via email, from Planning and Festival regarding Glowbe as well as reach out to article writers if you have questions regarding filled out forms
- Depending on your schedule, you will work with the planning list and come up with the best schedule to send Call-for-Articles emails and when to post Glowbe to the Announce List (only requirement is that Glowbe goes out twice a month till June when it can average 4 – 6 times)
- Post the Compiled Glowbe to the Announce List
- If you want, you can also add same articles (if applicable) to Official Facebook page and/or Website News Blog page
Requirements: Owns a computer and has basic computer skills, typesetting skills, email organizational skills, google doc and sheet experience (or willing to learn).
If you have any questions or are interested in joining the Communications Committee 2020, email email@example.com.
Join the Communications Committee!
Be in the know! Be part of the Nexus of Everything That’s Going On! Find out about parties in advance!
Want to be part of making Firefly happen? We contribute mainly before the event. We help the Festival Committee get important messages out to the community, we post News/Blog articles on and help update the Firefly website, manage the Official Firefly Facebook page, moderate the Announce Email list, and compile and send out the GLOWBE (see above article for more info regarding Glowbe Newsletter compiler).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer, or to answer any questions before you volunteer 🙂