Firefly is in need of a few good participants to help make all parts of Firefly run smoothly.
Co-leads work with other co-leads and overall there is not a lot of work, just work that needs to be done! Any questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator Anne at email@example.com or visit the Town Hall Meeting for more details.
Transport Core is looking for 2 – 3 Co-leads
Freight Truck Driver: Requires excellent driving record and can drive a 16 ft. rental truck.
- Able to pick up the rental on Sunday 6/30 and park it at provided location
- Drive it from Boston area to the event on Tuesday, 7/2
- Drive from the event on Sunday 7/7 and back to the Boston area 7/7
- Return the truck to the rental office
Freight Lead for Bus Gear Truck: Requires attending Placement Work Weekend and Handling freight shares and payment.
- Find volunteers to help load and unload the gear truck and assist Driver with logistics
- Secure parking locations for the gear truck pre, during, and after the event
- Coordinate load in and load out with bus passengers and make sure they label all of their gear
- Make sure the truck leaves on time to and from the event
- Make sure: luggage dump areas get put on the event map and secure those locations with Placement Core; tarps are put down at the luggage dumps during early Arrival; work with signage core for luggage dump signs
- Handles lost and found for items left on the truck
Transport Event Co-Lead:
- Before Event
- Assist with finding and training on-board bus volunteers for all bus trips
- Assist with communications (email and facebook)
- Assist with logistics and perks (bus locations, detours, etc.)
- During Event
- Meet and board busses when they arrive at the event
- Assist busses with turning around
- Able to answer passenger questions about the bus (schedule, perks, exodus)
- Collect materials from on-board bus coordinators
- Check-in passengers
- Coordinate staging area for luggage
- Make sure passengers load gear onto trucks and busses in a timely manner
- Make sure busses leave on time
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in any of the above positions.
Art Truck Core is looking for a Truck Driver Lead
Requires time flexibility on the last day of the event. There are multiple stops in and around the Boston area which can run late on Sunday.
- Coordinate with artists to pick up Firefly bound art projects from multiple locations in the Boston area. Help pack art into a large truck, re-pack the art, and maybe even re-pack art again
- Driving the truck to the event
- Opening the truck up for artist to retrieve their art at the event
- On the last day of the event, help artist load/pack any art back onto the truck for a return trip to the Boston area
- Right after the event, provide the artist a place to pick up their art
Email email@example.com if you’re interested in the above position.