Gate Core Co-Leads: Jessica Marcus
Email: gate (at) fireflyartscollective (dot) org
The Gate crew welcomes new Fireflies!
Gate Volunteers are the first people new Fireflies meet upon arrival. We’re here to help usher new folks in, and to be the face of Firefly to visitors or neighbors. Our main responsibility is to keep the flow of incoming Fireflies smooth and efficient. We welcome first-time Fireflies as volunteers!
As a Gate volunteer, you will:
– Coordinate with security staff to match state issued IDs to the master ticket list
– Ensure that all arrivals have filled out their waiver forms
– Confirm that each vehicle has a parking pass
– Give out wristbands and parking passes
– Transfer processed vehicles to Greeters
– Get a sweet sticker at the end of your shift
Exit Gates (Exodus) volunteers help with directing traffic and load-out, help pack up the Gate/Greeter Station and send people home with leftover trash and recycling (MOOP). Note: Gate and Greeters merge to become Exodus at the end of Firefly.
The gate closes at 3PM Saturday. Anyone that arrives after 3PM Saturday will not be admitted (and will be ineligible to get a refund for their ticket purchase). The Gate will still be staffed during this time to continue to be the face of Firefly to local visitors and neighbors.
Sign up here: https://volunteer.fireflyartscollective.org