2016 Event Leads: Tarn Stem, with co-lead Julia Kedge.
Role of the Event Lead: Typically an extroverted project manager who maintains an event timeline for the successful implementation of the event. Major responsibilities will include overseeing all core activities, facilitating communication amongst the core leads and board members, adherence to the timeline and adherence to budget. The Event Lead needs to be highly organized, have great communication skills and have had experience organizing major events and coordinating complex logistical pieces to run smoothly together.
- Maintain an event timeline and hold leads to deadlines
- Cultivate team-building across Cores
- Facilitate communication with Core leads and Board members
- Attend Planning/Core meetings before and after event
- Attend Town Hall meetings
- Work closely with Infrastructure/DPW before, during and after event
- Manage reservations, rentals and purchases of infrastructure items
- Maintain emergency contact systems
- Manage relationships with local agencies
- Be a reliable point of contact during event with Core leads and Board
- Oversee event clean up & returning infrastructure rentals
- Mentor another Firefly for future event lead role
The event lead will need to spend 5-10 hours a week on their role, with flexibility to allocate more time to the role as the event gets closer. The event lead will need to be present for the entire event – especially early crew (June 30th – July 6th). The event lead will also likely wish to attend the first work weekend before the event. While on site during the event itself the event lead will often need to make decisions “on their feet.” While the Board has primary responsibility for maintaining year-round contact with the landowners, it is encouraged that the event lead cultivate a relationship as well.
Contact us if you’re interested in helping, or trying out for next year’s Event Lead: It’s a great way to give back to the community!
email@example.com or festival@