Gear Truck Organizer Wanted In past years, we have had a box truck go up…
Hello lovely art-truck using Fireflies!
Thank you all for your patience while truck load details have been coming together. We got what you need (information) and now we need what you got (different information). The art truck survey is linked below, please fill that out as soon as possible.
If you volunteered for truck load shifts, please double check the volunteer portal because times may have changed.
– Repair Kit & Mango
- If you intend to put your art on the truck, please fill out this survey.
- Make sure to figure out your cubic footage! If you have completed the survey and later decide not to use the art truck, please let us know ASAP!
- Truck Load will happen at VDA in Somerville. Please show up within these windows. We will email specific details a few days in advance to everyone who has filled out the survey.
- Saturday, July 1st, 3 pm – 7 pm
- Sunday, July 2nd, 2 pm – 6 pm
- If your art is particularly large, heavy, or awkwardly shaped, please try & show up on the early side of truck load.
- Please pack your art safely! Consider that items in the truck are likely to shift in transit. We recommend using crates or totes where possible. We will do our best to pack the truck securely, but we are not responsible for damage to your arts. BYO ratchet straps if at all possible. We will work with you to pack your art, but please come prepared to assist.
- The art truck will depart for Firefly on the morning of Monday, July 3rd (Early Arrival).
- Once on site, let us know when you’re ready to retrieve your art, and we will coordinate with DPW to arrange for transportation to your placement site. DPW has their own survey for you to request assistance. This is linked in the art truck survey.
- Our goal is to have the truck empty by Tuesday evening. If you won’t be on site before then, please make arrangements with someone who will. If this is absolutely impossible we will work with you to retrieve your art on Wednesday or later, but timing will be at our discretion.
- Art Truck re-load will happen on Sunday, July 9th (Exodus). If you know in advance that you will need to pack your art out sooner than this, please let us know ASAP.
- Truck Unload will happen on Monday, July 10th at VDA from 5 pm – 10 pm. Make sure to be there to pick up your art! Leave No Trace still applies in the VDA parking lot.
- No really, fill out the survey
<3. Please respond by June 25th.